With Fall in full swing, nothing is better than the delicious flavors or caramel & apples, all wrapped in warm puff pastry – yum! So, we’ve decided to share our take on apple roses with you to make at home this Fall!
These are best eaten straight from the oven – enjoy!
These make 6 delicious roses
1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
2 red delicious apples
Juice of half a lemon
Flour to sprinkle on the counter
6 tablespoons of caramel sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 375º F. Grease a muffin/cupcake pan with butter & dust with flour (or baking spray).
2. Half fill a small bowl with water & lemon juice. Cut the apples in half, remove the core & cut the apples into very thin slices. Don’t peel off the skin from your apples, as it will give the red color to your roses. Quickly place the sliced apples in your bowl so that they don’t brown in color.
3. Microwave the apples in the bowl for about 3 min. This will make them slightly softer & easy to roll.
4. Roll out your puff pastry over a lightly floured surface into a rectangular shape of about 12” x 9” & cut the dough into 6 strips.
5. Spread a thin layer of caramel on each strip of dough.
6. Drain the apples & arrange the slices on the dough, overlapping one another. Make sure the skin side of the slices sticks a little out of the strip.
8. Fold up the bottom of your dough & fold over the apples.
9. Starting from one end, gently roll the dough into a rose shape. Seal the edge at the end, pressing with your finger, & place in the muffin cup.
10. Repeat until you have rolled all 6 roses.
11. Beat your egg with a fork in a small bowl. Brush the pastry of each rose with the beaten egg.
12.Bake for about 40-45 minutes. If you see your apple browning, you can cover loosely with aluminum foil.
The SoBakeable Team